One of June Marlowe's films with the gang was LOVE BUSINESS. Which I think of as being related to the Thelma Todd series.
|Directed by||Robert F. McGowan|
|Produced by||Robert F. McGowan|
|Written by||H. M. Walker|
|Music by||Leroy Shield|
|Editing by||Richard C. Currier|
- Jackie Cooper - Jackie Cooper
- Norman Chaney - Norman 'Chubby'
- Bobby Hutchins - Wheezer Cooper
- Mary Ann Jackson - Mary Ann Cooper
- Allen Hoskins - Farina
- Matthew Beard - Stymie
- Dorothy DeBorba - Dorothy 'Echo'
- Donald Haines - Donald
- Clifton Young - Bonedust
- Shirley Jean Rickert - Shirley
- Pete the Pup - Petie
- June Marlowe - Miss June Crabtree
- May Wallace - May Wallace Cooper, Jackie's mother
- "New York Times: Love Business". NY Times. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
* * *
All the boys in the gang were supposed to have a crush on Miss Crabtree, which I guess was the basis of the story in this episode. I tend to think of Miss Crabtree as always having been there, but actually she was only in the series for a fairly short time. Rosina Lawrence would later play another pretty teacher in the series.
Hal Roach experimented with spoken titles at the beginning of his films in place of the usual print variety. Betty Mae and Beverly Crane voiced the credits for several of his comedies in this period, including LOVE BUSINESS and LOVE FEVER.
Watch LOVE BUSINESS: