Sunday, October 27, 2013

Essex Street

I'm not familiar with Lawrence, Massachusetts, and I hadn't known anything about Essex Street, but they talk about it on the Minga Valley page on facebook.


Brian Parent It was / is the main Shopping district for 60 plus years.

Donna Landry DiMauro My mother came from Lawrence. She told me that when Thelma Todd walked down Essex St., people would stare at her. She was beautiful.

( Again, another day ) My mother told me Thelma Todd would walk down Essex St. & everyone would look at her cause she was so pretty with her blond hair.


Reblogged from https://www.facebook.com/groups/52335722822/


Essex St. in the 1920's.

 
 
 
 












Another old photo shows and establishment on Essex Street.

 
 
 
 
A couple of recent photos.

 
 
 
 
 
 







A

No comments:

Post a Comment