Friday, October 26, 2018

Criticism Of Charley Chase








This is something I've had for a while and simply hadn't used yet. After listening to the commentaries on the Thelma Todd and Zasu Pitts DVDs I decided to put it through.

I have to agree with what this said about Charlie Chase. The good as well as the bad. Some of the other short subjects produced by Hal Roach did not appeal to me and did not do well at the box office. Singling out Thelma Todd and Zasu Pitts for criticism while ignoring the shortcomings of other series is unfair and ignores the fact that Thelma Todd and Zasu Pitts actually succeeded where some of the others failed.

I don't seem to have kept track of where this came from, but I think it's from PHOTOPLAY or one of the other fan magazines of the 1930's.










A

No comments:

Post a Comment